We’re looking forward to a special day coming up — Giving Tuesday, celebrated this year on December 2 to get past the commercialism of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, kick off the season of real giving, and encourage you to give to the causes that matter most to you.
We need your help! Here’s what you can do:
[Tweet “I’m for better bicycling in WA on #GivingTuesday. Join me! http://ow.ly/i/7Jjbv“]
- Encourage your friends and family to take part in Giving Tuesday. Sign up as a Social Media Ambassador on the Giving Tuesday site to access web banners, profile pics, and more.
- Give the gift that needs no wrapping: WA Bikes membership. Tax-deductible donation for you, bike news and discounts on great merchandise for your favorite bicyclist.
- Share the Washington Bikes donation page on your favorite social media sites with the hashtag #GivingTuesday.
[Tweet “#WAbikes membership: Gift that needs no wrapping, always fits. #GivingTuesday. http://ow.ly/i/7Jjbv“]
- Take a #WAbikes #UNselfie of you with your bicycle to share on your social media and ours: FacebookTwitterInstagram
[Tweet “Take an #UNselfie w/your bike & share for #GivingTuesday. http://ow.ly/i/7Jjbv“]
- Grab our WA Bikes logo with the #GivingTuesday hashtag from this page to use on your profile.
- Add “Bicycle Alliance of Washington” (that’s us once upon a time — our former name) as your beneficiary on Amazon Smile and help bicycle advocacy when you shop online.
[Tweet “Shop online at smile.amazon.com. Choose Bicycle Alliance of WA. #GivingTuesday”]
- Come into our retail store in Seattle’s Pioneer Square so you can support bicycle advocacy while you check a few people off your holiday shopping list.
- Check out our online store with WA Bikes jerseys (not available anywhere else). Lots more goods to come now that our storefront is stocked up, so bookmark the page and plan to shop year round.
- If you don’t already have a Share the Road license plate, use our concierge service to help you do the paperwork. You’re giving in two ways: the extra fee for a specialty plate is a tax-deductible donation to our work in bicycle safety education (for drivers too), and you’re making the streets more bike-friendly when you drive.
- Support other great bike nonprofits in the state of Washington too! See our links to bike clubs, trail groups, community bicycle shops, local advocates and more.
- If you attended our gala auction Nov. 8 tell your friends “I did my #WAbikes #GivingTuesday on a Saturday at the auction. Your turn!”
We give you art for #GivingTuesday: When you donate $100 or more, long-time member and artist Andy Goulding will create an original drawing of your bike (or the bike that belongs to someone special, if you want to give this as a gift) and send it to you as a JPEG.
Thanks for all you do to make Washington the #1 Bicycle Friendly State in America. We are thankful for you!