Washington Bikes increases investments to build and maintain bicycle connections as well as safe places to walk and roll; provides tools for local advocates to improve their communities; and promotes the health, safety, and economic benefits of bicycling. Our work and that of our many partner organizations means more people biking all across Washington, the #1 Bicycle Friendly State in America (every year since 2008)!
Apply to be our new Executive Director:
Washington Bikes and its sister organization, Cascade Bicycle Club, are hiring a dynamic Executive Director to lead us. Learn more and apply today: ED Profile
Washington Bikes’ vision:
We envision a safe and healthy future where bicycles bring people together, eliminate inequity, and create thriving communities.
Washington Bikes’ mission:
Washington Bikes promotes the health, safety, environmental, and economic benefits of bicycling. We advocate for people who bike, endorse political candidates, and hold officials accountable. We collaborate with community members and public officials to shape policies and investments in active transportation that create equitable, sustainable, and thriving communities across Washington state.
At the beginning of 2016, Washington Bikes and Cascade Bicycle Club merged. Both organizational names continue and both work statewide, with programs redistributed between Cascade Bicycle Club as a 501(c)(3) public charity and Washington Bikes as a 501(c)(4) advocacy organization.
Our supporters are the key to our success in growing bicycling statewide. With your help our accomplishments include:
- Washington named the #1 Bicycle Friendly State in America 11 years in a row by the League of American Bicyclists.
- Over $140 million in state funding for biking/walking projects in the last 11 years alone, from trails to school-zone safety improvements.
- $500 million in state funding for biking/walking projects over the next 16 years in the transportation revenue package signed into law in 2015.
- Over a dozen laws passed (and a few bad ones blocked!) for safety, education, and penalties for dangerous driving, including most recently the Safety Stop, the Scenic Bikeways Program, and the Safe Passing Law.
- Designation of the first US Bicycle Route in the Pacific Northwest and on the West Coast in 2014, with more routes and bikeways to come.
- Publication of the first book of multi-day bike tours in Washington state to come out in over a decade.
7787 62nd Ave. NE, MB-2
Seattle, WA 98115
Alex Alston, State Policy Director: email@example.com
Vicky Clarke, Policy Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sara Kiesler, Senior Marketing Manager: email@example.com