WHERE WILL MY GIFT GO AFTER THE MERGER WITH CASCADE?
All donors will receive a reflective WA Bikes sticker, pocket guide to state bike laws, our print newsletter, a “Drive Aware” brochure of safety tips to share with a non-bicycling friend who drives, and a 10% discount on items purchased in our Pioneer Square Seattle store or online.
What your tax-deductible contributions enable us to do to make bicycling safe, convenient, and connected:
- Lead public policy change for more funding and better laws:
- ~$100 million in bike/walk investments for safety projects and trails in the last 10 years alone
- Over a dozen laws passed (and some bad ones blocked)
- Success working with agencies to improve road design and bicycle access
- Find and feature great bike travel destinations: Unforgettable experiences for you, a tourism boost for local economies
- Hold the statewide Washington Bike Summit, connecting advocates and professionals for better bicycling
- Get the next generation riding with middle-school PE classes that teach safe bicycling and walking skills
Thank you for your contribution!
Other Ways to Give
Bike-friendly license plates: We receive support from the Share the Road license plates for our work in bike/walk safety. If you don’t have the plate for your car, truck, RV, motorcycle, or trailer, get it now and make the streets a little bike-friendlier when even your car says that Washington Bikes.
Workplace giving: You can make workplace donations through EarthShare, United Way, Combined Federal Campaign, or the Combined Fund Drive for state employees.
Your employer may match your gift. Check with your Human Resources office to find out.
Your volunteer time may be matched by your employer. If you work for a company that makes donations based on employee volunteer hours and you give your time to Washington Bikes, your employer may donate to us. Contact Elly Bangs, firstname.lastname@example.org, about our monthly volunteer work party and other volunteer needs.
Microsoft, Outerwall, RealNetworks, and Adobe are just some of the Washington employers who will match your donations and/or your volunteer time.
Amazon: If you buy online from this Washington company you can support our work at no additional cost to you using either of these methods:
- Smile.Amazon.com: Log in at smile.amazon.com. Choose “Bicycle Alliance of Washington” (our previous name) as your charity of choice. Start your shopping from Smile.Amazon.com and we’ll receive a micro-donation on eligible purchases.
- Amazon Affiliate: Follow this link to start your shopping. As an Amazon Affiliate we’ll receive a percentage of your purchases. Purchases aren’t limited to what we list in the Amazon store we created; that’s just a starting point.
Fred Meyer: Link your rewards card to Washington Bikes (nonprofit number 84584) and scan it every time you shop. You’ll still earn all your points and rewards. Fred Meyer uses these customer “votes” to decide where to donate $2.5 million/year to nonprofits in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Alaska. Every time you shop and scan your reward you help us earn points.
Goodshop: When you use the Goodshop.com shopping portal to access any of 5,000+ retailers, Goodshop will donate funds regardless of whether you’re buying kitchen linens from Sierra Trading Post, flight and hotel packages from Expedia, protective gear from Under Armour or any of thousands of other goods and services found online. By signing up , selecting Washington Bikes as your cause and using Goodshop.com to shop online, you will save money and promote better biking.
Other affiliate programs: Do you know of similar programs with other retailers and services? Let us know and we’ll see if we can get added to their list.