Become a Member
Help us Grow Bicycling Statewide
Our supporters are the key to our success in growing bicycling statewide. With your help our accomplishments include:
- Nearly $100 million in state funding for biking/walking projects in the last 10 years, from trails to school-zone safety improvements.
- Around a dozen laws passed (and a few bad ones blocked!) for safety, education, and penalties for dangerous driving.
- Over 56,000 kids so far and another 15-16,000 each year learn to bike safely thanks to our Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Education program for middle-school teachers in 42 school districts and counting.
- Designation of the first US Bicycle Route in the Pacific Northwest and on the West Coast, with more routes and bikeways to come.
- Publication of the first book of multi-day bike tours in Washington state to come out in over a decade.
Your tax-deductible membership donation funds legislative advocacy, education and safety programs, and lets us represent bicycling at the local, state, regional and national level. As a member you receive a 10% discount on all purchases online and in our retail store in Seattle’s Pioneer Square, our print and e-news updates, event invitations and more.
See below for how to purchase a Share the Road license plate for your vehicle and if you aren’t a previous member of WA Bikes receive an individual one-year membership FREE.
You can also print out a mail-in membership form.
Share the Road and Become a Washington Bikes Member — One Year Free!**
Share the Road License Plate
Get an individual one-year membership FREE** when you purchase a Share the Road License Plate for your motor vehicle (including motorcycles and trailers). This super-colorful license plate announces to the world that you support bicyclists, makes your car a mini-moving billboard for safe driving behavior, contributes to friendlier streets, and supports safety and education programs.
**Restricted to supporters who aren’t already members of WA Bikes.
I Bike WA!
Do you support a bike-friendly Washington? Tell the world when you ride! All proceeds from the WA Bikes jersey support our mission of outreach, advocacy and education.
Purchase this and other WA Bikes merchandise on our SHOP page.
Make a Donation
Washington Bikes is a registered 501(c)3 organization. Your membership is a 100% tax-deductible donation – but if you prefer, you can donate without becoming a member. Make a fast, secure donation through PayPal (you don’t need to be a member of PayPal—all you need is a credit card) here:
You can also make workplace donations through EarthShare, United Way, Combined Federal Campaign, or the Combined Fund Drive for state employees.