Earlier this year we compiled a list of bike blogs in Washington state and established the Twitter account @bikeWAblogs. We use an RSS feed so that Twitter account picks up blog posts as they’re published and send them to our Twitter followers.
We thought it might be interesting to look at one week’s worth of blogging around the state as a snapshot of our diversity in topics, types of riding, weather, politics, and everything else that makes this state a big, wonderful place to ride your bike.
Here’s the fun part–On our list we’ve grouped the blogs by geography. Here they’re in alphabetical order so you get a view across the state if you just browse on down the alphabet. If you’re used to reading about bicycling only in your own corner of the state, here’s your chance to mix it up a bit.
And if you know of a bike blog in Washington state that isn’t on the list, tell us! It’s ever-evolving, ever-growing, as bicycling grows statewide.
- A Daily Commuter: Longitudinal “Dryer” Cracks
- Bicitoro: The Right Knitting Stitch Pattern for the Job
- Bicycle Paper: VetBikes.org Wants Your Parts; Reaching for the Bars; Riding the Steens Mountain Loop–The Highest Road in the Pacific Northwest
- Bikehugger: 5 Years Later with Miss Conduct
- Bike Style Life: 5 Behavior and Culture Hacks to Get People to Ride Bikes and Walk
- Biking Bis: Chuck Ayers is Retiring from Cascade Bicycle Club Leadership
- Car Free Days: Get Kids to Talk: The Modern Equivalent of Trapping them in the Car
- Cascade Bicycle Club: U-Bridge Closures Next Weekend; Chuck Ayers Announces Resignation from Cascade Bicycle Club; Bikenomics: Greening the City with Agriculture and Bikes; Racing the Clock
- Cycle Swift: Ready Made for the Open Road
- Cycling Spokane: Midnight Century Finisher Posters Are Ready
- Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance: 2013 Mountain Biking Classes & Clinics Start in April!
- Family Ride: Dog on the Family Bike
- fietsSeattle: Replacing the Private Car
- Fish and Bicycles: Avid Bicyclist (Me): Thanks, Volvo!
- Go Means Go: McSlappy: IORMB
- Hub and Bespoke: Male Test Riders Needed
- Iva Jean: Bike-Friendly Hairstyles
- Jill Kintner: POD–Picture of the Day
- Kent’s Bike Blog: Tell Me What You Know
- Mike McQuaide: Luxembourg Randonnee Video
- No Spandex Required: Math Night
- Pedal, Stretch, Breathe: Ahimsa: Finding Kindness in a (Sometimes) Unkind World
- Rene Guerrero: Snake River Canyon Half Marathon
- Ride Blog: Recovery and the Weather
- Riding on Roadways: Gendered, as a Rule
- River City Red: Mark Bender, Doma Coffee
- Seattle Bike Blog: Local Band Wants Your Beautiful Seattle Helmet Cam Footage for Music Video; Ayers Resigns as Head of Cascade Bicycle Club; CHS Profiles Branford Bikes, the ‘Last Bike Shop on Capitol Hill’; Looking to Stand Out from the Mayoral Pack? Challenge McGinn with a Bike-Friendly Vision; Vashon Ferry Could Improve Bike Accommodations + Survey
- Seattle Critical Lass: Ride Recap: Critical Lass Goes to Bike Expo Fashion Show!
- Shallow Cogitations: Something in Spokane
- Spokanarama: Crocus
- SRTC Transportation Blog: New WSDOT Secretary Orders Review of “Mega-Projects”; Wide Load: Slow Drive Across Two States; WSDOT’s New Secretary Spends Second Day on the Job in Spokane; Study: Drivers Can’t Concentrate on Turning Left While Talking on the Phone; WSDOT Work for This/Next Week; 1930s Video on How to Use Traffic Signals; This Pope Rides the Bus; Does the Economy Impact How Safely Your Teen Drives? (and even more, just in one week! Busy blogger at Spokane Regional Transportation Council)
- Sweetlines: Sugar Showdown Santa Cruz + Co-Ed Clinic
- The Slow Lane: County Council Approves Reconveyance
- 26Inch Slicks: Some Filling of the Window
- Urban Adonia: Models for Culture Change in Bike Advocacy
- Wenatchee Outdoors: Best of Wenatchee Outdoors Photos
- Wheel Fanatyk: Great ’13 NAHBS PR
- WHIMPS: Show Your Support for Trails in the Reconveyance this Tuesday (3/12/13)
- Wileydog Cycle: The Ephrata Big Ride
- WSBA Racing: Tour de Dung #1 Beginner Women’s Race is On !
- Zlog Blog: Fixie Factory X CSK Rail Jam–March 22
Thanks to all of the authors for biking and blogging!