We’re into the heat of July and midway through the National Bike Challenge! Over 43,000 riders from across the USA have collectively ridden 12,277,523 miles.
In the Evergreen State, 817 riders have pedaled 242,707 miles. That’s a trip to the moon! Slightly more than half of our miles (51%) have been for recreation/fun; the remaining 49% were for transportation.
As promised, we drew for a round of local prizes and the winners are:
Detours “Coffee Bag” dry bag:
- Dennis Chambers of Grand Coulee
- Lisa McCoy of Port Angeles
All Kinds of Riders for All Kinds of Reasons note cards:
- Annika Ledbetter of Seattle
- Lou Khazoyan of Kent
Set of Washington bike maps:
- Alex Krob of La Center
- Amy Ruddy of Yakima
It is NOT too late to join us in the National Bike Challenge! Join today and start tracking your bike trips and miles. We will do a second round prize drawings in September and riders at the Bronze level and above will be eligible. Participants can also qualify for monthly prize drawings at the national level.
Many thanks to Detours for being our local sponsor!