Stand up for Tacoma’s Progress to Grow Biking and Walking
Do you envision Tacoma as a vibrant and active community with bikeways, neighborhood sidewalks, trails and streets designed with all users in mind? Do you envision a community that encourages its citizens to lead healthy and active lives by implementing its Mobility Master Plan, supporting Safe Routes to School, and making it possible for more people to safely bike and walk around town?
If you answered YES, then the City of Tacoma needs to hear from you now!
The City of Tacoma is holding a series of Community Budget Input Meetings in preparation for the 2013-2014 biennial budget. Citizen input will help determine how General Fund dollars will be spent and what choices the City makes as it faces a projected budget gap of $60-65 million.
Over the past few years Tacoma has taken some great strides with the development of its award winning Mobility Master Plan. This year the League of American Bicyclists rewarded Tacoma for its impressive work with a a Bronze level Bicycle-Friendly Community designation.
City officials need to hear from you that it’s important to build on its good work to create safer streets for walking and biking.
Please attend one of the following meetings to make your voice heard:
• June 27 – 5:30 p.m. at the Wheelock Library, 3722 N. 26th St.
• June 28 – 6 p.m. at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 6730 N. 17th St.
• July 9 – 6 p.m. at the Boys & Girls Club, 3875 S. 66th St., Community Room
• July 11 – 6 p.m. at the Moore Library, 215 S. 56th St.
• July 12 – 6 p.m. at the Center at Norpoint, 4818 Nassau Ave.
• July 16 – 6 p.m. at the Snake Lake Nature Center, 1919 S. Tyler St.
• July 18 – 6 p.m. at Stadium High School, 111 N. E St.
• July 19 – 6 p.m. at Lincoln High School, 701 S. 37th St.
• July 23 – 6 p.m. at Baker Middle School, 8320 S. I St.
If you cannot attend a meeting, submit written comments via the following link:
Thanks for your good work in growing biking and walking in Tacoma!
This article was posted in Alert
. Bookmark the permalink
. Follow comments with the RSS feed for this post
. Both comments and trackbacks are closed.