Want to make your town better for bicycling?
Check out our Bike Advocate Toolkit to get started. We’ll keep adding to it so you have more information, ideas, and inspiration.
If you’d like to serve as a local point of contact for our work in communities to highlight projects and issues to build support from elected officials, contact Barb Chamberlain.
How Washington Bikes Advocates for You
Washington Bikes advocates for bicyclists and a bike-friendly Washington. What we do thanks to your support:
- Advocate for a bicycle-friendly state at all levels of government,
- Work to increase funding for bicycle facilities and pass legislation to improve access and safety
- Coordinate with state agencies on implementation of laws and regulations that affect bicycling,
- Provide tools for local advocates to improve their communities,
- Seek to make bicycling accessible to everyone — all kinds of riders for all kinds of reasons.
- Work directly with advocates on issues of regional or statewide importance and projects that will contribute to a statewide network of complete, comfortable bike connections.
We do all of this so that every day more and more of Washington Bikes.