Yes, if you live or work in Tacoma!
Pump up your tires, strap on your bike lights, and join Downtown On the Go for Fall Bike to Work Week and a series of events September 21-27 to keep you commuting into the fall. Be sure to track your commute trips to qualify for prizes.
With “Embrace the Hill” as the theme, DOTG is organizing Bike Trains that will explore a different uphill route out of downtown each evening. Bike Trains will gather at 11th and Pacific at 5:30 pm. Water and water bottles will be provided.
- Monday: Embrace Stadium Way Hill
- Tuesday: Embrace McKinley Hill
- Wednesday: Embrace St. Helen’s/Baker Street Hill
- Thursday: Embrace Jefferson/Delin Street Hill as part of our Ride with Council that starts at 6pm following the UWT ribbon-cutting for the Prairie Line Trail.
- Friday: Embrace Your Own Hill (Choose your own adventure and we’ll meet at the top at People’s Park!)
The Thursday evening ride is held in conjunction with the Prairie Line Trail ribbon-cutting ceremony and will be a Ride With City Council.
Are you new to bike commuting and want some assistance with route planning? DOTG can match you up with a Bike Buddy.
Thanks for the awesome Downtown On the Go re-post/attention (the photo is me!). Just a few tiny branding changes I’d like to request… Downtown On the Go has a capital “O”, and thus our acronymn is spelled “DOTG”, not DTOG. (It happens all the time though.)
Thanks! WA Bikes rules!
Downtown On the Go
Thanks for the correction, Laura. Revisions have been made!