Events & Rides
Please use our Event Submission Form if you would like us to include your meeting, ride or event on our calendar.
- This event has passed.
First Thursday Cycling Sojourner Book Launch and Ale-Liance Release
May 1, 2014 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Bike Travel, Beer, Bags, and Art–National Bicycle Month really gets rolling May 1 at Washington Bikes!
Sponsored by Ortlieb USA, makers of waterproof bike bags great for touring.
Meet bike travel author Ellee Thalheimer and get your ticket to bicycle adventure with an autographed copy of Cycling Sojourner, her new detailed guide to multi-day bike tours in Washington. Books available for sale at the event and in our store Monday-Friday, 9:30am-4:30pm.
Our thanks to book sponsor Red Lion Hotels for helping bring the book to the world.
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT THE PARTY:
- Mix & mingle with bike-loving folk.
- Enjoy the release of Schooner Exact’s Ale-Liance IPA and a few munchies.
- Enter a FREE drawing to win an autographed copy of Cycling Sojourner Washington.
- Buy a $5 raffle ticket that supports the advocacy work of WA Bikes & gives you a chance to win a great Walla Walla bike travel package for June 20-21 in Washington wine country. You can also buy raffle tickets online if you can’t make it to the party. If you win, you can make it the start of a week-long vacation to check out the Walla Walla Wine Country tour chapter in the book!
- Meet guide author Ellee Thalheimer and hear a few remarks from her at 6:30pm in the Axis event space next to the WA Bikes office. Co-authors Josh Cohen and Steve Krippner will also be on hand to meet you.
- Tell us where we should map more tours in the future! We’ll have a state map and stickums for you to mark the “can’t-miss” and “I-want-to-go” locations we should explore. Cycling Sojourner is just the beginning!
- Check out Ortlieb’s waterproof bags. They’re our event sponsor, and Ortlieb folks will be on hand to show you some of their gear and answer any questions.
- Meet the WA Bikes staff working every day to grow bicycling statewide to make it safer, more fun, and more connected.
- Check out bike art: On display: original bike sketches by Seattle artist Andy Goulding. A longtime member, Andy has offered to create an original bike sketch and send the JPEG to anyone who donates $100 or more to WA Bikes. The artists of tomorrow grace our walls as well: Come vote for the People’s Choice in the Fifth Grade Bike Poster Contest.
- Special announcement! (That’s all we can say.)
We don’t want to run out of goodies; please use the form below to RSVP for our food/beverage cont and to be added to our email list for future event invitations and bike news.
Event is free and open to the public; $10 tax-deductible donation greatly appreciated.
RSVPPlease select a valid form