Washington Bikes advocates for bicyclists and a more bicycle-friendly Washington. We make bicycling better.
Our supporters are the key to our success in growing bicycling statewide. With your help our accomplishments include:
- Washington named the #1 Bicycle Friendly State in America 8 years in a row by the League of American Bicyclists.
- Over $140 million in state funding for biking/walking projects in the last 11 years alone, from trails to school-zone safety improvements.
- $500 million in state funding for biking/walking projects over the next 16 years in the transportation revenue package signed into law in 2015.
- Over a dozen laws passed (and a few bad ones blocked!) for safety, education, and penalties for dangerous driving.
- Over 56,000 kids so far and another 15-16,000 each year who learn to bike safely thanks to our Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Education program for middle-school teachers (42 school districts and counting).
- Designation of the first US Bicycle Route in the Pacific Northwest and on the West Coast, with more routes and bikeways to come.
- Publication of the first book of multi-day bike tours in Washington state to come out in over a decade.
314 First Ave South
Seattle, WA 98104-2620
Empire Health Foundation
1020 W. Riverside
Spokane, WA 99201
(No full-time staff located in Spokane at this time.)
Who to Contact
- Membership questions & address changes: Elly Bangs (phone ext. 300)
- Statewide issues and legislation: Blake Trask (phone ext. 302)
- Washington Bikes website: Louise McGrody (phone ext. 303)
- Executive Director: Barb Chamberlain (phone ext. 325)
- Statewide Policy Director: Blake Trask (phone ext. 302)
- Operations Manager: Elly Bangs (phone ext. 300)
- Outreach Manager – Louise McGrody (phone ext. 303)
- Safe Routes to School: Louise McGrody (phone ext. 303)
Washington Bikes works to grow bicycling statewide and to create complete and healthy streets through education, developing more inclusive communities for cycling, building a coalition of organizations, and seeking to make bicycling accessible to everyone.
More About Us