Washington Bikes advocates for bicyclists and a more bicycle-friendly Washington. We make bicycling better.
At the beginning of 2016 Washington Bikes and Cascade Bicycle Club merged. Both organizational names continue and both work statewide, with programs redistributed between Cascade Bicycle Club as a 501(c)(3) public charity and Washington Bikes as a 501(c)(4).
Washington Bikes grows bicycling all across the state of Washington every day. We advocate for bicyclists’ rights, endorse political candidates, and hold officials accountable at every level of government, working with them to shape the policies that will make bicycling a safe, accessible form of transportation, travel and recreation.
Through our efforts we increase investments to build and maintain bicycle connections; provide tools for local advocates to improve their communities; and promote the health, safety, and economic benefits of bicycling. Our work and that of our many partner organizations means more people biking all across Washington, the #1 Bicycle Friendly State in America (8 years in a row)!
Our supporters are the key to our success in growing bicycling statewide. With your help our accomplishments include:
- Washington named the #1 Bicycle Friendly State in America 8 years in a row by the League of American Bicyclists.
- Over $140 million in state funding for biking/walking projects in the last 11 years alone, from trails to school-zone safety improvements.
- $500 million in state funding for biking/walking projects over the next 16 years in the transportation revenue package signed into law in 2015.
- Over a dozen laws passed (and a few bad ones blocked!) for safety, education, and penalties for dangerous driving.
- Designation of the first US Bicycle Route in the Pacific Northwest and on the West Coast in 2014, with more routes and bikeways to come.
- Publication of the first book of multi-day bike tours in Washington state to come out in over a decade.
7787 62nd Ave. NE, MB-2
Seattle, WA 98115
Empire Health Foundation
1020 W. Riverside
Spokane, WA 99201
(No full-time staff located in Spokane at this time.)
Elizabeth Kiker, Executive Director: Elizabeth@WAbikes.org
Barb Chamberlain, Chief Strategic Officer: Barb@WAbikes.org, 509-869-2949
Blake Trask, Senior Director of Policy: Blake@WAbikes.org, 206-310-4762
Brent Tongco, Senior Director of Communications and Marketing: Brent@WAbikes.org, 303-828-7794
More About Us